1. Marcia Harris - Hole in One on #3! 9/13/21 See pic in photo album tab.
2. Darci Trimmer had another eagle - this time on 18! 9/9/21
"Breaking a Milestone" - If you break (score below) 100, 90, 80, 70... for the FIRST time, please let Jo Palowez know so that we can recognize this achievement and give you a pin! See Members' tab for the current Milestone chart.
Another awesome gross score of 68! Sue Gibson on 5/24/21 tied Barb Bennett for lowest gross score for our ladies club at Canoa Ranch.
Welcome to our newest member Cheryl Francis.
Welcome back to Wanda Doll, we are glad you are joining us again.
Welcome to our new member Jacque VanDyken.
Congratulations to Lynn Greenes, Most Improved Player 2020! See pic in 2021 photo album.
Congratulations to Sue Gibson & Mary Newman! They placed 2nd in the 3rd flight at the 2020 State Medallion on Jan 10, 2021 played at Tuscany Falls at Pebble Creek. See pics in 2021 photo album.
Congratulations to Fran Kaminsky who had a hole-in-one on #13, 12/28/20! See pic in photo album.
In 2020, Barb Bennett shot a 68 which is the lowest gross for our ladie's club at Canoa Ranch.
CRWGA League Play Tee Times: 9:00 AM
Signups for Monday & Thursday golf are now done through Golf Genius. You will receive an invite to sign up and you reply to this invite.
If for any reason you do not receive an invite, contact
for Monday golf (by prior Fri at 4pm):
for Thursday golf (by prior Tues at 4pm):
Sept 29: (Wed) 10am - 1pm . AGA rules seminar,
coffee & rolls provided
Oct 1 pm: CRWGA 2022 renewal available on
Oct 18: Board meeting after golf - all are welcome
& encouraged to attend
Nov 8: The Open
Nov 15 & 16: SD tournament at SI
Dec 8: Member social & renewal assistance
for 2022 CRWGA
Save these Dates!
For more league information: Contact: Sandy Noble 559-907-4351 or email: email@example.com
Canoa Ranch Women's Golf Association
is a member of the AWGA (Arizona Women's Golf Association) and is dedicated to providing Arizona women with an organized league centering on golf, fun competitions and friendship.
Open to all levels of golfers Canoa Ranch WGA offers: *minimum league fees; *choice of tee boxes; *year around competitions; *organized events and *multiple league days!
HELPFUL TIPS ON HOW TO SPEED UP PLAY & SOME COURSE ETIQUETTE
(By following some of these suggestions you can save 10-15 minutes a round.)
1. Playing Order - Have the players in the first cart tee off first. This allows the first
cart to leave the teeing area as the last cart players are putting their clubs away.
2. The Course has set the maximum number of golfers in a group as four. As tempting as
it may be to play a five-some please do not do so on league days.
3. Play Ready Golf - you have 40 seconds to play your ball from the time it is your turn
to play until you hit your ball. Your time starts when it is your turn to play, not when
you address your ball. Think about your next stroke before it is your turn to play. If
you are a short walk away from your ball take a few clubs and walk to your ball while
your cart partner is hitting her ball.
4. Putting Green - study your putt while others in your group are putting. Once you
start your putt you have the “Green” and may putt out if you wish to do so. This will
speed up play.
5. Mark the score card at the next teeing ground.
6. If your ball is thought to be lost or out of bounds play another ball or a provisional
ball to speed up play.
7. You are behind if you cannot see the group in front of you. Ideally, you should be one
shot behind the group in front of you. (Ex. You are behind if you are at a par-4 teeing
ground and the group in front of you is on the green putting.)
8. As a courtesy to your fellow players, cell phones & music should be turned off during
play. If you are expecting a call have your phone on vibrate. If you like to listen to
music while you play, please wear an ear bud so as to not interrupt or bother other
players in your group.
9. Clubs can be put away after you reach the next ball that is to be hit, either by you or
your partner or the next teeing ground.
10. ENJOY THE DAY - enjoy the green grass , blue skies, cloudy skies and each other's
company - and remember - “WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER - THIS THING
CALLED LIFE - BE KIND TO ONE ANOTHER”
4-THE LOVE OF GOLF - CRWGA
(Posted May 2020)
(Updated April 2021)